Interview Tips From OilExec
Preparing for an interview can be stressful. Use our helpful tips to ensure you make the right impression. Speak with your Recruitment Consultant to get the best advice.
- Do not smoke, chew gum, or eat garlic beforehand.
- Wear suitable interview clothes.
- Take copies of your CV with you.
- Arrive on time for your job interview.
- Any applications handed before the interview begins, are to be filled in as accurately as possible, make sure they match the information in your Cv and Cover Letter.
- Always greet the interviewer by his/her last name and try to pronounce it correctly.
- Have a good firm handshake.
- Look alert and interested. Scan the room once and then keep your eyes on the interviewer.
- Wait until you are offered a chair before you sit down.
- Stress your achievements.
- Always conduct yourself professionally and if something beyond your control occurs, show a sense of humor.
- Be enthusiastic and show it in your replies and body language.
- Answer the interview question by more than a simple yes or no but try not to go over the 60 second limit.
- Avoid at all cost complaining about your current or former employer in your job interview.
- Do not answer questions about politics or religion if the job is completely unrelated.
- Do not raise salary discussions on your first interview - this is usually done on the second interview. Make sure you do your wage research before hand.
Work on your CV
Your curriculum vitae (CV) is the key that unlocks the door to an interview.It should contain the information required to achieve that goal, and no more!
Preparing for an interview can be stressful. Use our helpful tips to ensure you make the right impression.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.