Job Id OEJ0000001464
in Jebel Ali, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 13th
||Engineering - Electrical
, Planning/ Scheduling
, Cost Engineering
An international engineering solutions company in the Oil and Gas is currently looking for an ELECTRICAL ENGINEER for their Jebel Ali Office:
Working closely with Project Managers, this position will be responsible for all aspects of electrical scopes of work. This will include definition and surveys onsite, sending requests for quotation (RFQ) to electrical subcontractors, evaluating bids and tracking work done on projects (either onsite or remotely from the office).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in surveys or client RFQ evaluations to understand project requirements.
- Understand clients’ requirements from a technical, schedule and budget perspective.
- Prepare/ update single-line drawings to meet project specifications (as required).
- Liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure quotations are received promptly and technical requirements are followed.
- Prepare and evaluate bids/ offers/ quotations for Project Engineers or Project Managers, based on submitted requirements, and make design recommendations.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and ensure that issued drawings correspond to the client requirements before approving installation.
- Coordinate procurement of electrical equipment and components and ensure prompt delivery (as required).
- Monitor project progress to ensure schedule and budget targets are met. Submit weekly findings report to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that required technical documentation is prepared after each project.
- Prepare a project summary upon project completion to be reviewed with the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate the work of electrical subcontractors during installation or advise Project Engineers on electrical work coordination.
- Participate in client/ contractor meetings and resolve any potential project issues.
- Understand Offshore installation standards and ensure implementation during installation;
- Develop electrical installation metrics.
- Deployment to offshore projects based on requirements and coordinate installation work, including final sign-off of electrical installation.
- Input to HSE to improve offshore performance
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Oil and Gas or Marine experience
- Engineering Diploma or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Good understanding of Oil and Gas electrical requirements.
- Good knowledge of offshore electrical standards onboard fixed or floating vessels.
- Good knowledge of Classification Authority (ABS / DNV) electrical requirements.
- Prior experience on offshore drilling rigs is a must, with project/ installation experience.
*Only those candidates with Offshore Project experience shall be contacted for interview*
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.