Job Id OEJ0000001599
Internal Auditor - Business
in United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 07th
A state-owned oil and gas company is looking for an INTERNAL AUDITOR - BUSINESS & FINANCE for their Headquarters in Abu Dhabi.
Purpose of Job:
- Participates in planning and performs routine internal audit reviews of financial and non-financial operations and business activities in accordance with the annual plan.
- This includes contributing in planning the audit, conducting field work and presenting written findings and recommendations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, control and governance processes with the objective of safeguarding assets.
- Works under supervision from Senior Internal Auditor and Department and Division Managers.
- Participates in integrated audit teams as set up by division manager to carry out integrated risk based audits.
- Assigned audit areas may include company’s strategy setting, strategic plans and objectives, specific organizational units, cross divisional financial, management, IT enabled or technical business processes; major projects; contractors; all company facilities and assets.
- Carries out the assigned audits in accordance with the Internal Audit Charter and IIA international Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Audit planning includes assisting in preparing an audit work program, process understanding document, risk analysis (all types of intrinsic and residual risk) of each area assigned for audit. Discusses RA with supervisor(s)
- Field work includes testing the controls, gathering evidence for tests passed or failed and preparation of Working Paper File.
- Assesses alignment of objectives with corporate objectives, mission, vision and values, effectiveness of and compliance with policies, procedures and standards; compares to industry benchmarks and best practices and recommends improvements or enhancements.
- Participates in follow-up of audit items with divisions, budgeting, etc. andparticipates in peer review and quality control, or in conducting special assignments.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Auditing, Accountancy or similar.
- Relevant Professional qualifications such as CA, ACCA, CPA, preferably CIA are desirable.
- 4 years’ experience in Audit and Accounts out of which 4 years of audit experience preferably with big-4.
- Very high level of proficiency in spoken and written English. Report writing and presentations are essential.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a preference.
- Familiarity with Accounting frameworks, Industry, regulatory, and internal audit standards changes.
- Ability to exercise independence and objectivity, ethics and fraud awareness, mature judgment, conflict management/ resolution, problem identification and solution
- Understanding the business, familiarity the accounting frameworks, IT/ ICT tools and techniques, oil refining industry knowledge, and use of IA Portal.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.