Job Id OEJ0000001630
Sr. Drilling Engineer
in Sharjah United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 12th
||Drilling - Drilling/ Well Engineer
JOB POSITION: SR. DRILLING ENGINEER - CONSULTANT
Plans, directs and coordinates the Drilling activities including reviewing, studying and approving drilling operational/engineering processes and reports. Supervises the planning and execution of the company’s drilling operations and well completion. Manages and coordinates the preparation of the drilling budget, controls expenditure and justifies variances.
- Plans and works closely with the Drilling team in Kurdistan to manage drilling, well completion and workover operations and ensures that all operations have been thoroughly researched, engineered, programmed and implemented in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with the prescribed requirements of the subsurface team.
- Directs the preparation of drilling, drilling fluid and cement programmes for drilling workover and exploration operations and the availability of the required materials.
- Keeps abreast of new development in drilling techniques and ensures that subordinates are provided with such information to improve work effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reviews operational and engineering reports prepared by subordinates such as drilling, well completion, workover, flow test, drill stem test and similar technical summary reports. Ensures accurate reporting of all drilling activities.
- Controls expenditure and ensures that the variances between approved budget and actual expenditure are properly justified.
- Provides the technical advice for drilling contractors and consultants and the technical assessment of responses to tenders for drilling services and materials, (ii) Provides advice and recommend solutions for drilling problems of serious nature (e.g. logging failure, work & cement failure ...etc.).
Third Party Services
- Provides overall supervision over the contracted services to ensure that all work is properly supervised and administered, includes ensuring that contacts with operating contractors and service companies are maintained at all levels and ensuring that contractors and service companies fully understand requirements and can meet them.
- Ensures safety and environmental performance of all drilling related operations.
Reporting and Relationships Management
- Frequent contacts with contracting and petroleum service companies for negotiations and supervision of work Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all company staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Stays abreast of current technology in the drilling activities, evaluates activities against pre-established goals, and makes recommendations based on evaluations.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required:
- Bachelor degree in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering
Minimum Professional Experience Required:
- A minimum of 10 – 12 years actual drilling experience
Special Requirements and Conditions
- Industry training in drilling technology and HSE
***The position has a minimum contract of 6 Months (renewable/depends on the projects).
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.