|Job Category:||Management - General|
Editor is responsible for leading putting together a publication or a multimedia production. The position includes many duties, from researching, proofreading, interviewing, script writing content to directing. Candidates are usually required to have a bachelor's degree, experience as an editor and managerial skills.
Brief Posting Description:
- Edit company news andsupervise all stages of their making and coverage includes contributing to the planning, selecting material, interviewing, writing and translating articlesfor the journals to ensure producing a correct, consistent, accurate andcomplete work.
- Participate in thepreparation of the layout/design and recommend topics to be covered in Company publications including conferences and other special events and follow up activities to ensure that deadlines are met. Accountability Statement 3
- Prepare and extract various news summaries and articles of interest to the Company from local and international newspapers concerning political, economic or social developmentfor distribution to the Management.
- Collect data, translate,edit and ensuring availability of adequate supply of material for preparationof the Annual Report.
- Edit company advertisements and notices and reflect appropriate changes and processes in line with company requirements.
- Contribute to the selectionto recommend graphics, such as drawings, diagrams, pictures and charts to illustrate manuscript and conform to space and subject matter requirements.
- Prepare the contents of company’s website ensuring conformity of its design and text.
- Write and edit material for company’s electronic multi-media products to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Arrange photographingservices for all corporate business occasions.
- Plan, supervise andcoordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop theassigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on thejob and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input forpreparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementationof the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlightany significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approvedDepartment / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures inorder to support execution of the Department / Section’s work programs in linewith Company and International standards.
- Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
- Contribute to theachievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Sectionin line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement newtools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency inline with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function .
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSEpolicies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and Code of Practices
- Provide inputs to prepareSection MIS and progress reports for Company Management
- Minimum Qualification
BachelorDegree in communication
- Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
6 years of relevant experience
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.