Job Id OEJ0000001777
in United Arab Emirates
Modified Date: 20th
||Engineering - Process
- Provide process engineering services for designing and engineering facilities modifications. This includes preparing process engineering documents, such as red-lined mark-ups of PFDs, PIDs, C&Es, logic diagrams, data sheets and other process related documents.
- Assist in detailed technical evaluation and/or safety audits of various critical plant areas and equipment to identify cost saving opportunities, deficiencies or hazards and recommend remedial solutions. Includes but is not limited to assisting a team comprising of senior representatives from maintenance, operations and sometimes outside consultants, as required. Assist in the preparation of appropriate recommendations for improvements/upgrades.
- Conduct feasibility studies for debottlenecking of plant process facilities and conditions control systems projects, as assigned by Supervisor. Includes but is not limited to preparing economic comparisons of alternative schemes, preparing preliminary cost estimates and necessary engineering calculations, assisting consultants, contractors and/or concerned company personnel in scoping, defining, and planning such projects.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed process engineering designs and process specifications for in-house design projects related to modifications, improvements, debottlenecking and pollution control, as per international codes and practices. Review tenders for plant process engineering designs and specifications submitted by engineering consultants and contractors, and comment on technical and financial aspects of such submissions.
- Liaise with other departments to monitor general performance of the company's facilities, both onshore and offshore, and provide support to these entities as required to ensure optimum safety, productivity, and minimum environmental pollution from the organization’s facilities.
- Provide process engineering support in closing out any Knowledge Management System (KMS) action item as well as Down Grading Situation (DGSs).
- Participate in the site execution activities and during pre-commissioning and commissioning phase.
- Carry-out other similar or related duties such as reviewing and developing plant start upstart-up and commissioning procedures for minor projects; participating in the preparation of cost estimates for future capital projects for inclusion in the overall capital budget; participating in HAZOP report and recommendations; and preparing regular activity / progress reports for assigned projects, etc.
- Liaise with the company operations and maintenance to carry out specific tasks in order to confirm contractual allocations.
- Support operations in preparing, and during scheduled and unscheduled shutdowns of any parts of Dthe company's facilities, onshore and offshore.
- Participate in HAZOPs, SIL reviews, P&ID reviews, and other review sessions as necessary.
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or assigned by the Lead Process Engineer.
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in process engineering and activities within the oil and gas industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience answering technical inquiries, making technical recommendations, providing process troubleshooting, improving process engineering tools, and developing process procedures.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- PC skills.
***NOTE: 1 Year Contract (Extendable)
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.