Job Id OEJ0000002348
Electrical Project Coordinator
in Dubai United Arab Emirates
Posted on: 29th
||Engineering - Electrical
The electrical project coordinator is responsible for all E&I activities within a project, from tender to final testing and customer handover (including surveys, BOM preparation, technical queries, procurement, offsite installations and supporting projects remotely from the Dubai office).
Responsibilities / Duties / Job Skills:
Under the Supervision of the Electrical Manager the Electrical Project Coordinator will perform the following activities:
- Participate in ‘Project Kick-Off Meetings” to determine project requirements.
- Attend surveys onshore/offshore to define scopes where required
- Understand client’s requirements from a technical, schedule and budget perspective.
- Liaise with Suppliers and Sub Contractors to ensure quotations are received promptly, and required technical requirements are followed.
- Prepare estimation files and client offers using company templates and methods
- Commercial / Client Follow-Up
- Planning and Scheduling: Preparation and maintenance of project schedule. Work with the Project Manager to define resources and budgets for on-time project delivery. Key milestones are identified and tracked.
- Client follow-up: Regular planned follow-up with client throughout project. Preparation of update documents: Action Register, Commercial Summary, Project Schedule, Project Dashboard.
- Intermittent commercial summaries for installation, to review performance against budget.
- Ensure invoicing is done on time as per agreed payment terms
- Understand technical, Engineering and Design requirements for all scopes.
- Preform detailed electrical design, sizing and calculations, and verify design done by others
- Ensure that issued drawings are delivered on time and correspond to the client requirements.
- Follow up for Class Approval where required
- Work with the Electrical Procurement Coordinator to organize procurement of material and ensure prompt delivery
Installation / Deployment
- Develop manpower profile based on estimation and Identify personnel requirement (qualifications, positions, team size, etc) for each project.
- Prepare installation pack for supervisors including relevant engineering, HSE, QC details.
- Attend deployments and assist with daily management: QC follow up, daily reports, daily client meetings, site query management, etc
- Prepare Lessons Learnt and installation metrics at completion of every project.
- Ensure that Technical Documentation is delivered at the completion of each project.
- Ensure that all scopes are closed & documented properly and ready for internal/external as internal QA system in place.
- Assist in the development of in-house manuals and procedures, and provide ideas to standardise and improve the overall performance
- Assist in the coaching and training of junior electrical team members
Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Good understanding of Engineering and Oil and Gas related technical requirements
- Experience and understanding of IEC Offshore Installation Standards and Oil & Gas electrical installation requirements onboard fixed or floating vessels.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
OilExec International provides the following staffing solutions to its international clients.