Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience
• Coordinate & implement jurisdictional requirement of scheduled Inspections, testing & certification of all cranes and lifting devices and develop appropriate rigging & lifting plans, review & revise plans submitted by Contractors as deemed appropriate prior to approval to ensure seamless integrity & safety of all lifting operations.
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Valid LEEA (Lifting Equipment Engineers Association, UK) training & competency certification for Inspection, testing & certification of loose gears, forklifts, stationery & mobile cranes, barge/FPSO & platform mounted cranes.
• Valid authorization from QP or equivalent statutory body in GCC as authorized Inspector for cranes & lifting devices, or holder of LEEA –TEAM (continuous competency) card.
• 8 years’ relevant experience as CPLO (competent person for lifting operations) with major oil & gas operating companies, EPC contractors, QP/ equivalent statutory body in GCC or accredited TPI agencies like DNV /BV/GLO etc.
1. Coordinate to implement statutory inspection & certification required to be carried out every six months by LEEA certified, Inspectors of local regulatory authority and approved Contractors engaged by Company managed by Asset Integrity team.
2. Study, develop, review & approve all rigging & lifting operations involving heavy lifts in excess of 5 MT including EPC/PMT activities.
3. Study, develop, approve rigging & lifting operations in offshore platform including use of DP1, DP2 vessels & Jack up barges incorporating dynamic conditions of sea (swell, waves, tides, winds, etc).
4. Supervise all safety critical lifting operations within jurisdiction of Qatar Operations to ensure seamless compliance with approved rigging & lifting operations in general & surveillance of rigging & lifting operations during SD & execution of projects under SIMOPS in particular.
5. Review & endorse rigging plan submitted by Contractors for special & heavy lifting operations.
6. Inspect cranes, fork-lifts, etc. used by Contractors during shutdown & by EPC/PMT Contractors.
7. Participate in technical studies, TRA & MS reviews, assessments, and HAZOP’s.
8. Support Operations /construction/shutdown team by providing engineering services for lifting/ igging operations including planning, execution, and supervision of same.
9. Monitor quality and performance of inspection programs for cranes & lifting devices against the KPIs and ensure continuous improvement of safety record of the critical activity.
10. Comply with all company Health, Safety & Environmental policies, and procedures.
11. Conduct all work activities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
12. Participate in HSE meetings and company QHSE promotional programs.
13. Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to supervisor/manager or to QHSE Department
14. Participate in on-the-job training of assigned Qatari and UAE nationals and follow up their progress making recommendations on how to support their learning and progression.
15. Perform other similar or related duties as assigned by Manager Mechanical Support.
Skills and Competencies:
• Substantial experience and exposure to safety critical & heavy lifting operations in onshore/ offshore operations in MENA region.
• Solid Experience as Inspector/Engineer in the field of inspection & certification of cranes/lifting devices in major oil/gas, refinery, gas processing or petrochemical plant including offshore production facilities will be considered as added qualification.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
• Sound technical and business knowledge.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• IT/PC literate
Send CV urgently to [email protected]
Business Development Executive – (Recruitment & Staffing)
We are looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Business Development Executive (Recruitment Agency/Firm) in our Doha…
Senior Occupational Health & Industrial Hygiene Specialist – Permanent – Qatar
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide technical and management expertise in the field of workplace health & industrial…
SAFETY ENGINEER – with ASHGHAL APPROVAL as Safety Engineer
A minimum of Five (10) years’ experience in Roads, Infrastructure and Drainage construction, of which…
Risk Coordinator – Permanent Position
EXPERIENCE IN SIMILAR JOBS: More than 10 years REQUIREMENTS: NVQ Level 5/6 or NEBOSH Diploma…