Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience
- To lead and direct the projects and engineering functions in order to ensure that all projects and engineering work is carried out according to prescribed quality, cost limits, and technical support to large capital initiatives in which the company is involved.
Strategy Formulation, Implementation and Planning
- As a member of the executive management team, participate in the development and refinement of the company’s overall vision and strategy, and contribute to the overall process of corporate management and decision making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium, and long-term profitability and returns to its shareholders.
- In conjunction with the CEO and the partners, formulate and direct the implementation of the divisional strategy in line with company’s vision, mission, and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that the overall business strategy is translated into annual operational business plans for the Commercial division and the performance is monitored to ensure business plans are in line with the overall strategy.
- Provide overall direction for the effective achievement of corporate objectives through effective leadership and by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating team to maximize performance.
- Collaborate to synergize efforts across the company for the successful achievement of strategic objectives.
- In collaboration with functional experts, seek and establish ways to develop talent across company, championing talent solutions.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to mentor, coach, motivate and challenge the direct reports and their teams providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Provide early expertise to the business development process on technical and project delivery issue in order to ensure alignment of the same with the project parameters and standards.
- Provide overall direction in the planning, organizing, management and control of various projects in order to ensure that the project cycle is completed meeting agreed project parameters, standards and objectives.
- Direct the infrastructure design of projects to ensure that company theme and vision is captured.
- Direct the conducting of technical studies and evaluations in order to determine the financial and technical feasibility of expanding the business in terms of the range of services offered and the area / sectors over which those services are offered.
Relationships with Service Providers
- Develop relationships with key third party engineering contractors to ensure that all engineering work can be carried out in a timely and cost-effective manner without adding to company’s operational overhead.
- Identify and develop relationship with partners for architectural/design/project management/cost consultancy and construction services.
- Identify external consultants for advice for specific technical or segment issues for business plans.
- Direct the ongoing review of the physical condition of all the company physical assets to ensure that those assets are in a suitable condition to allow the organization to fulfil its strategic objectives and they comply with any relevant legislation.
- Together with company’s HR function, define an optimum organization structure and direct the development of the divisional structures so that resources are optimally utilized, and communication can take place in an efficient manner.
Budgeting and Financial Performance
- Direct the preparation and consolidation of the Projects divisional budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues; areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Direct the development and oversee the implementation of divisional policies, systems, processes, procedures, and controls covering all areas of function so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service in a consistent manner.
- Direct and guide the management of change within Projects department through continuous improvement of organizational systems, processes and practices considering ‘global leading standards’ and changes in the business environment.
- Ensure that all divisional reports are completed timely and comply with the company’s policies and standards.
- Direct the preparation of periodical management reports and progress reports to keep the senior management informed about the progress of various initiatives and to facilitate decision-making.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties, which may be reasonably expected and forms part of the function of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline from a recognized university
- Master’s degree is preferred
- 12 years of experience in utilities industry or large-scale project management environment in GCC, with at least 8 years on managerial roles
Job-Specific Skills (Generic / Technical):
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of financial planning and capital management
- Expert knowledge of large-scale project management concepts and techniques
We are looking for a dynamic individual to work as Recruiter in our Doha Office.…
Business Development Manager – Recruitment
We are looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Business Development Manager in our Doha Office.…
Job Purpose: To maintain the operating pressure for gas distribution system/PLC and complete SNG system…
Jr. Operator (O&M)
Job Purpose: To assist the Operator in maintaining the operating pressure for gas distribution system/PLC…