Plan, manage and lead all operations in the project development of identified and approved projects for Energy QATAR, across all locations, from data collation, conception to project handover phase within approved project parameters while ensuring alignment with industrial best practices / Energy guidelines and stakeholder expectations in order to meet customer satisfaction, in accord with the project’s vision and business strategy.
1. Contribute to the development of strategies for implementation of various project phases and execution philosophies in order to meet project objectives as well as implementation thereof.
2. Lead the development of initial project concept document, project scope and initial feasibility study for assigned projects in liaison with the Planning team and Director for presentation to management.
3. Organize and manage the activities and work of subordinates and contractors to ensure that all work within all project activities are carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
4. Contribute to the preparation of the project budget with the cost estimation team and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
5. Recommend improvements to overall departmental procedure and manage the implementation of instructions and controls covering all areas of project development activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
6. Manage the design review and comment process on consultant’s / contractor’s concept / design / working drawings, specifications, tender documentation and submittals to ensure compliance with Energy QATAR standards and project briefs while meeting end-user requirements.
7. Determine overall project resourcing, identify risks and prepare contingency plans for all improvement projects of projects to ensure that the goals are achievable within required schedules and budgets.
8. Lead the conducting of costing of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
9. Lead and participate in the selection of vendors and ensure effective coordination with vendors for all aspects of project design and execution in order to achieve successful completion of projects as per defined quality standards and guidelines.
10. Manage to Collect, validate and analyze information on project progress against plan to highlight key variances requiring cross-functional resolution and to maintain senior executive confidence in project management and delivery.
11. Manage and guide the team and contractors’ resources for successful implementation of projects in order to achieve all contractual milestones aligned with quality measures as per overall baseline schedules and within allocated budget.
12. Lead the projects from the technical aspects of methods of implementation in engineering and construction to planning and execution, cost and schedule control, evaluation of alternatives in engineering design and construction methodologies, coordination of issues related to procurement, environmental and third party permits, contracting, construction management and commissioning activities to ensure successful achievement of project objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil) from a recognized institution / university.
A professional qualification in Project Management from a globally recognized institute is preferred.
10+ years total with 8 years’ relevant work experience in project engineering management in a similar large manufacturing facility in the energy sector with at least 4 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities and management roles.
Experience in managing vendor and contractor relationships.
In-depth knowledge in PM systems integration, project whole life processes, validation and verification techniques, tools and principles
Skilled in identifying project critical paths and determining appropriate project milestones.
Skilled in estimating project resource requirements (manpower, materials, financial).
Broad understanding of project cash flow management techniques
Interested candidates may share their updated resume with the subject line to [email protected]