Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience
1. Oversee timely and effective execution of civil construction / piping modification work within the scope of improvement projects at all facilities. Ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with project specifications, relevant policies and procedures, method statements and project schedules.
2. Plan and coordinate the activities and resources at the construction site to ensure effective coordination and supervision of piping /civil / structural construction/modification project works of buildings, finishing works, concrete/steel structures, excavations, backfilling, dewatering, rebar, formworks, concreting, etc. related to onshore to ensure that all piping / civil work in the assigned Improvement Projects is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
3. Undertake the required initiatives in order to effectively estimate man hour requirements, plan work schedules, assign and direct subordinates and attend work site during assigned tasks in improvement initiatives associated with facilities and systems.
4. Interface and coordinate closely with main/primary contractors and subcontractors’ teams to monitor effective progress of construction site activities. Allocate work to team; conduct safety talks prior to tasks in order to support successful completion of activities in accord with safety standards.
5. Review list of piping/civil/structural problems and problem areas affecting construction schedule or path with the Civil Engineer in order to take actions to resolve these problems. Resolve any such related problems by attending, participating and/or delegating work to available technicians in order to expedite resolutions.
6. Prepare and review construction& piping related documentation including method statements, work instructions, material approval requests, and risk mitigation procedures in particular prior to forwarding same for approval.
7. Provide input into construction completion dossiers. Monitor quality and performance (QA/QC) of works carried out by contractors/subcontractors to validate adherence with defined quality guidelines as per company standards. Attend to stage wise RFI (Request for Inspection) calls and provide clearance of work.
8. Participate in regular Site Progress Meetings with contractors to review progress and performance. Identify and highlights technical and constructability issues and raises them with Line Manager and contractors’ site engineers and communicate to main/primary contractor for action.
9. Liaise with operations and maintenance planning regarding the planning and coordination of construction and modification works, including plant shutdowns as required to support uninterrupted operations.
10. Prepare updates on weekly progress, resource requirements, drawings and documents availability, and schedule look-ahead, etc. and report any important issues, such as deviations, delays to management to support implementation of corrective action.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Educational Requirements / Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil) from a recognized institution / university
Additional technical or management qualifications or certification related to onshore construction /piping would be an advantage.
10plus years’ relevant work experience in piping / civil engineering in a similar large manufacturing facility in the Oil & Gas sector.
Manager Mechanical Integrity & Inspection – Process
RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop and implement efficient and cost-effective static mechanical integrity management programs across ( all…
Senior Contracts Engineer-EPC, turnarounds/shutdowns
The Senior Contracts Engineer – The candidate shall be responsible to perform the tendering and…
Material Expeditor- Doha/ Raslafan
RESPONSIBILITIES: • Provide guidance and support to all relevant parties on documentation, import regulations and…
SITE SAFETY OFFICER
Diploma or Degree in engineering or sciences. BA will be considered. Experience & Technical Skills…